Virtues to Live By
“Virtues to Live By” is a resource created by the Diocese of Leeds with the creative and financial support of the Leeds Diocesan Association of Primary Headteachers.
“Virtues to Live By” enables school to explore each virtue over a three week period (two per half term) to improve the school community’s virtue literacy and to deepen understanding and appreciation of the essential role the virtues play in the education of the whole person towards human flourishing. The virtues chosen are common across cultures and faiths, but are sourced from the Christian tradition.
We have embedded the virtues into school life through -
- displaying the current 'Virtue to live by' in the main entrance, hall, staff room and all classrooms.
- awarding certificates each week in Praise Assembly celebrating those who have shown the monthly 'Virtue to live by'
- highlighting the current 'Virtue to live by' in the headteacher's newsletter.
- incorporating the virtue into whole school worship as we go forth each week.
- enjoying Circle Times linked to the monthly 'Virtue to live by'
- taking part in a weekly Key Stage worship based on the current 'Virtue to live by'
- integrating the virtues into our weekly RE planning where appropriate