The intent of our computing curriculum at St Patrick’s aims to:
- Meet the requirements of the National Curriculum computing programme by covering each strand of computing: computer science, digital literacy and information technology.
- Instil a sense of enjoyment around using technology and develop children’s appreciation of its capabilities and the opportunities it offers to create, manage, organise, and collaborate.
- Develop resilience, problem-solving and critical thinking skills through computational thinking which children can apply across the entire curriculum.
- Allow curiosity through the tinkering of software and programs which will develop children’s confidence when encountering new technology; a vital skill in the ever evolving and changing technological landscape.
- Promote awareness of computing technology in the real world and future careers within this sector.
- Develop responsible online citizens that safely use technology in a healthy and appropriate way.
- To ensure children are digitally competent and equip them with life-long transferable skills for the future workplace.
- Use computing as a tool to enhance learning throughout the curriculum.
- Monitor and adapt the curriculum to respond to new developments in technology.
Example medium term plan
Resources to help support learning at home in the subject of Computing