The Governing Body
All Governors are members of the Full Governing Body and are expected to attend a minimum of three meetings per school year. There are different kinds of Governors:
The different categories of Governor are:
- parent governors who have a child in school at the time of their election, and are elected by the parents with children at the school. If there are insufficient nominations from parents to fill the vacancies, the governing body has to appoint parents.
- staff governors who are members of staff at the school and are elected by their colleagues. This category includes the Headteacher (who serves in an ex-officio capacity), teaching and non-teaching staff. Unlike parent governors, when a member of staff leaves the school he/she must also leave the governing body.
- foundation governors who are appointed by the school's founding body, which in our case is the Diocese of Leeds. This category of Governor must be in the majority at every meeting.
- authority governors who are nominated by the local councillor and appointed by the governing body.
- Chair of Governors for St Patrick's Catholic Primary School - Mr Stephen Sadler